There are quite a few film references in Best Friends Perfect Book One. I think this is because I am a massive film fan, and often use films as a shorthand to describe a feeling, outfit, situation in real life. Unsurprisingly, so do the characters in the book.
- The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert – have you seen the book cover?
- An Officer and a Gentleman – because who hasn’t fantasised about being taken away from it all by a man in a white officer’s uniform?
- One Hundred and One Dalmatians – Cruella De Ville. That is all.
- Muriel’s Wedding – I wrote a whole blog about why I love this film
- Thoroughly Modern Millie – Julie Andrews, a cloche hat, a musical. Need I say more?
- Thelma to my Louise – a road trip/buddie movie, I’m there.
- St Trinian’s film – not the new ones, the old ones, with a man playing the headmistress. And the one with Frankie Howerd and Dora Bryan.
- Four Weddings and a Funeral – Hugh Grant, the weddings, that funeral scene, Richard Curtis. I love it all.
- Rocky Horror Picture Show – because it’s just a step to the left...
- The Sound of Music – The Best Musical Film Ever. This is watched every Christmas in Livings Towers, without fail.
- Pretty Woman – Julia Roberts, Richard Gere, romance. I went to LA and took a picture of *the fire escape* because of this film.
- Titanic – Leonardo Di Caprio, ‘my heart will go on’ and the brilliant French & Saunders spoof.
- The Wedding Singer – eighties film made in the nineties *gets to front of queue*
- My Best Friend’s Wedding – Rupert Everett and Julia Roberts, romcoms – you get the idea
- The Wizard of Oz – Judy Garland, ruby slippers, and Wicked the musical rocks *hard* too
Best Friends Perfect Book One is available from Wilde City Press and Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com
Until next time,
Liam Livings xxx