This is another M/M short story I read on holiday, and my thoughts about it.
- I loved how it shows so well, the awkward first moments of meeting someone, is he gay, does he fancy me, all those questions I often consider when first looking at another man. Because, contrary to what some gay men think, not every man is gay!
- I enjoyed the joking and banter about The Simpsons between the two characters.
- Loved how visual it is with the colours of the uniform and their link to the underwear of the pole dancer.
- There was quite a bit of sex, but since Jo often describes herself as writing smutty contemporaries, I should have expected it ;) Although there was more sex than I’m used to reading, it was well written, and what I’d call, *respectful* as in it didn’t go on for too long and end up tipping into porny.
- There was a lovely sweet ending as they got together and it wasn't just a one night of fun, which for me, made the sex all that more interesting and necessary. But that’s me, I’m an old-fashioned boy!
Have you read it?
Did you read it ages ago and you're wondering what took me so long?
What other stories of Jo's have you read, which you think I'd enjoy too? I'd love to hear from you.