Waltham Abbey Writers (WAW) Free Write In – Programme
Open to members of WAW and others interested in writing
10.00 – 16.30, Saturday 23 January, Loughton Library, Traps Hill, Loughton, IG101HD
- 10.00 introduction and welcomes – everyone says who you are; what you write; what do you want to get out of today?
- 10.30 warm up writing exercise – Who's Calling, Please?
- 10.35 read out what you wrote and discuss
- 10.45 writing exercise – Why Do You Write?
- 10.55 read out what you wrote and discuss
- 11.15 Presentation on Introducing a Character – different ways you can introduce your characters in your stories - (Liam Livings), followed by questions and answers
- 12.00 break
- 12.15 writing exercise – Unfinished Sentences or time to write whatever you want
- 12.45 read out what you wrote and discuss
- 13.00 writing exercise – Turn Your Worst Moments Into Money
- 13.30 lunch
- 14.15 discussion about previous writing exercise
- 14.45 Presentation on Point of View – (Jean Fullerton) followed by questions and answers
- 15.30 writing exercise – 250 Words On Something
- 15.35 read out what you wrote and discuss
- 16.00 Open forum for any questions about anything writing-related
- 16.25 wrap up and thanks, details about the next WAW evening meeting, and discussion about whether to repeat the write in day later in 2016
- 4.30 close