- The food (everything except Christmas pudding and Christmas cake – I don’t like fruit cakes).
- The rest from work – an opportunity to read and write as much as possible.
- The presents – buying someone the perfect gift and watching them open it and the expression on their face!
- The films – I watch The Holiday every Christmas, I love Elf, my friend bought me The Family Stone one year when I was going through a dark depressive period so that has a special place in my heart. And the BF and I watch every Harry Potter film during the festive period. Every. Single. Year.
- Also, I love the relaxing and spending time with friends and family – I’m less good at relaxing, I tend to want to use the time to do things like writing, but being with family means I can’t sit writing, so I enjoy their company as well.
- The songs – Stay by East 17 is my favourite – they’re from just around the corner from where I live and it always puts a smile on my face.
- The snow – here’s the thing about snow – you always want to be snowed in with life’s essentials (wifi, food, heat, TV) and not out. Imagine being snowed out, so you couldn’t get back home and were stuck at work or something. The horror the horror!
A house exchange between two single men leads to a romantic new life for both of them.
Oliver and Kyle live thousands of miles apart, but each needs a break from his current life and love. Enter the Cloud B&B website, a wonderful new way to exchange homes for the holiday. They both muster their courage, and decide to visit another continent for Christmas.
In the UK, Oliver has been pining after his neighbour for far too long, living his comfortable but quiet life in a town in the New Forest. When his crush moves on in the worst possible way, Oliver is seduced by the chance to stay in fun-loving, sunny Miami.
In Miami, Kyle is a club owning workaholic, who suddenly discovers the man he lives with has been unfaithful. Yet again. As consolation, Kyle is tempted to see first hand the picturebook charm of the New Forest in winter.
Both of them find not just a new setting but a new romance. Oliver makes a big effort to shed his inhibitions and meets a musician, Mark, who plays in the Florida bars, and who may be just as cautious and polite as Oliver in making the first move.
And while Kyle’s trying to come to terms with England’s very different culture—and food!—he’s charmed by Oliver’s best friend Edward, who’s bold and sexy, but secretive.
Will Oliver take the leap of faith and encourage a lover who can and will give the commitment he deserves? And will Kyle find a man who can be loyal and also offer Kyle the family life he needs?
But perhaps more importantly—when Christmas is over, can a new life survive?
Buy Links: Amazon US | Amazon UK