Blurb: When ugly socks attract. Surly artist Jez can’t help staring at the brightly coloured socks of the businessman who sits opposite him on the train every day.
- It's written in first person, which I love. You really learn with the reader about his internal dialogue
- I travel on the Tube regularly, and often see people I make up stories about, or men I find attractive, so this really resonated with me.
- Showed how you can't tell someone by a first impression, just because he's in a suit doesn't mean he’s an accountant.
- Although it is a short story it covers an awful lot of ground and emotions.
- The sketching scene reminded me of the bit in Titanic where Leo draws Kate Winslett! This made me smile, as it’s one of my all time favourite cheesy romantic films.
- I liked the pillow talk more than the sex but I'm all about the talking and emotion more than the sex. I loved when they were watching the film together and taking, it’s exactly what I like to do in real life.
- Goes into present tense for now, it's our stop on the train. This didn’t jar, as often I don’t get on with present tense. It made perfect sense to bring it up to the now.
- I loved the about the story part, which Jo includes at the end of her stories, I enjoyed reading how the ideas grew, the inspiration changed into a story.
Have you read this story too? What did you think of it? Are there any other authors you think I'd like with similar typed stories to this one? I'd love to hear from you.
Until next time